Tuesday, June 17, 2014

5 Months

Your 5-month birthday came and went so quickly that I nearly forgot to mark it.  I mean, we took some photos and said "happy 5-month birthday, love," but I haven't yet had time to write you a letter, or record anything in your baby book, or even properly reflect on these last five months.  Life these days is not quite as stressful as life during law school, but studying for the bar + taking care of you is all-consuming.  It's rare that I have a moment that I'm not with you when I'm not also studying.  There's not much time between the cracks.

Because of that, I have fleeting, sneaking fears that I'll forget all the things that I mean to record and that accumulate over the period of a week or two weeks.  You're doing something new and then, all of a sudden, that thing is no longer new and you've moved on.

Here's what you're doing now.
  • You're almost sitting up by yourself.
  • You are rolling around on your mat much more actively and playing with your toys much, much more intensely.
  • You love crinkly plastic bags.
  • You love board books - specifically, putting the corners in your mouth.
  • You have an "exersaucer" and have spent lots of time playing in it.
  • You chuckle when amused.
  • You reach and grab for everything.
  • Last week, you started waking up again once per night and getting up fairly early (no more sleeping in until 8:00)... but then last night you slept through again and went right back to sleep after eating at 5:45.  You change so rapidly.
  • You love singing.
  • You love dancing.
  • It's so hot here right now that you get sleepy when we take walks.
  • You're starting to sleep with one arm out of your swaddle.
I've said this before, and I'll say it again: you are perfect.  A sweet, snuggly, warm mass of beautiful baby.  This is a wonderful time right now, and I'm lucky I get to be home to spend so much of it with you.




No comments:

Post a Comment