My dear girl,
You are deep in the midst of the longest nap I think you've ever taken (2 1/2 hours and still going strong). It's been a weekend of long naps and early-morning wakefulness, as well as general, low-grade fussiness when you're awake. After weeks of easy-going, independent delightfulness, these past couple days have stood in marked contrast. As a result, I'm sure there's something going on in your brain - the book says you're entering the "fussy period" of your next wonder week, and I believe it.
Either that, or you're teething - but we've been saying that for months every time you're fussy, and no teeth yet.
You were just different yesterday. You didn't want to be put down; you didn't want to play by yourself for very long; you had no interest in crawling about and exploring as you've done the past few weeks. You just fussed. You also, both yesterday morning and this morning, started waking at 4:00, with bouts of intermittent fussing. Yesterday, you took two two-hour naps. And today you've basically slept the morning away.
I know this next developmental stage will bring new and wonderful things. This morning, for example, instead of crawling you pushed yourself into a crouch and tried to balance - what looked like the first nascent step to standing unaided. So maybe your brain is working on walking right now. I know we won't see the evidence for a while, but something's got to be happening to cause the sleepiness/fussiness/wakefulness.
One day, you'll read this and be amazed that I could spend paragraphs cataloguing minute changes in your demeanor. And then, maybe a few years later, you'll have your own wee baby, and you'll learn what it feels like.
You're awake now, I think. As always, I love you to distraction.
No comments:
Post a Comment