Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Me: Richmond. You: Not.

Tonight I'm sitting in a hotel room, in Richmond for oral arguments, and I realized that this is the longest I've ever been away from you.  Three nights, plus all day tomorrow.  What has existed as a throbbing ache all week is threatening to seep out of my pores.  I miss you so greatly.  I can only talk about you, or look at photos of you, so much.  After a point, it doesn't help.  It's as if I'm missing a limb.  My sweet girl.

This morning I talked to you on the phone.  You recognized my face and voice, I think, and as I said goodbye, you said "bye" back to me.  It broke me, your sweet high baby voice.  You are growing up so fast, changing from a baby into a child.

Tomorrow I come home to you.  You are my reasons.

No comments:

Post a Comment