Monday, April 20, 2015

The difference of a year

A year ago, I hadn't quite finished law school.  But spring had sprung, and you were starting to put out shoots and take an interest in your world.  We were delighted with you.  You were a bald, squishy munchkin who still wanted to eat every three hours and spent the remaining time snoozing, for the most part.

You were also a funny little thing... and we were getting to see glimpses of your personality.



And here you are earlier this month, on Easter: strong, smart, opinionated, and funny.  Saying more words, frustrated when you can't make yourself understood, busy all the time.  A giver of the best hugs.


I hope I say it enough, and I hope you hear and understand it, but I love you, my sweet girl.  There will never be a day that I don't love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment